Darbhanga - City
Darbhanga is a city in the northern part of Bihar, India. A part of Gangetic plains of the north India, Darbhanga is located just around
50km from Nepal. The city is known for its association with Darbhanga
Royal family - one of the richest landowners of the country during
British Raj. The city and places around are very active culturally and
politically but one of the poorest in India based on almost all social
indicators. Darbhanga is considered as the cultural capital of Bihar
with its rich musical, folk-art and literary traditions continuing from
centuries. Songs written by famous Maithili poet Vidyapati is still sung
at all religious and social occasions throughout this region.
Darbhanga is well connected to other parts of India and Bihar through a
network of railway lines and roads.
The nearest airport is in Patna (120km). Patna airport is serviced by
major domestic airlines like Indian, Jet Airways,Kingfisher and Indigo.
There are direct flights to Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Kathmandu and
Varanasi from Patna airport. There is an Airport Sprit airlines connects
to Kolkata,PATNA from Darbhanga but you have to pay huge price, it is
Specially for Air Force,Located near of Bazaar Samiti.
There are direct trains from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore,
Hyderabad , Pune, Patna, Ahmedabad , AMRITSAR , Ranchi , Bhubneshwar ,(Mysore)
and many other cities in the country. Normal traveling time from New
Delhi to Darbhanga is around 21 to 24 hours. Some of the trains that
connect Darbhanga to other cities are:
* New Delhi - Swatantrata Senani superfast, Shaheed Express,
Saryu-Yamuna Express,Bihar Sampark Kranti superfast,Garib Rath,
* Mumbai - Pawan Express,karmbhumi superfast
* Kolkata - Gangasagar Express,Mithilanchal Express,Maithili Express and
* Ahmedabad - Sabarmati Express,
* Pune - Gyanganga Express
* Bangalore-Bagmati Express(via Patna,Chennai,)extended upto mysore.
* Puri- Darbhanga-Puri Superfast Express (Via-Bhubneshwar)
* Guwahati-jiwach exprss,DBG-NGP Express(New Jalpaiguri)
* Amritsar- Shaheed Express, Saryu Yamuna Express,Jan Nayak Express
* Patna-Kamla ganga intercity,Danapur Exprss
* Hyderabad- Darbhanga-Hydrabad Express (via-Bilaspur,Raipur)
* Ranchi- Jaynagar-Ranchi Express, Darbhanga-Hyderabad Express
* and many more........
Darbhanga is on the East West corridor map of India with 4-6 lane roads
connecting from gandhinagar(GUJRAT)VIA(DARBHANGA)NH57 to
silchar(ASSAM)and connecting it with other parts of the country. There
are buses every 10minutes for Patna and (Muzaffarpur). its take 1:15 -
1:30 Hr. for Muzaffarpur and for Patna its take time 3:30 to 4 Hr.
Hotels place to stay in Darbhanga.
Ganga Executive club inside
Darbhanga fort is your best bet for reasonable to slightly luxurious
accommodation. There are around 75 rooms and many suites here priced
from Rs 800 to 6500.